Friday, December 11, 2009

You decide

I know that by stating my feelings on this topic I am subject to some criticism by others and that most people will disagree about my thoughts on the following area, but I will continue to express my thoughts and hope that you, as a reader, can respect them.

Love.
Love is an interesting word. Everybody's definition always tends to be different and usually consist of fairy tale endings. I, unfortunately, do not think the same way most of the world does on the subject of love. I'm not a cruel person, nor do I hate people. I just do not believe that you "fall in love" with the person you were meant to fall in love with, or that you even fall in love. I believe that you choose who you love, it's your decision. If you don't want to love someone don't use the excuse that you cannot help it. Bull crap, you can too help it. It's just a matter of believing you can. If you don't want to be in a relationship with someone and are only in it because you "love" them, I think you're full of crap.

You should be with someone because of respect (the respect they give you, and the respect you have for them), you should be with someone because of the same ideals you have for your life together. Among other things, you should be with someone whom has the qualities you yourself want to obtain, so that the two of you compliment each other.

Too many people go out looking for "love", I just don't understand why they can't just be happy with a relationship and then eventually love will happen for them, if not with the person their with, then with the next person. T.V./ movies/etc have made love seem like something someone has to go run out and acquire for themselves.

Well, for now, that's all I have to say on this subject.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. I really like this post. Though I disagree with some of the things you said, the overall I really liked..I think that having respect for someone and having the same ideals together are all a part of loving someone. You wont have the same respect for some person that you just met. It takes time to get to know someone and grow that respect. Respect and Love are very much the same in my books.

    ReplyDelete